I’m currently dreaming about summer vacations, and like every year, I’m thinking about the idea of a proper road trip. The idea of driving around, sun shining and seeing a million different places just sounds perfect! Round the World Experts is not making my decision any easier – I thought I couldn’t decide between East Coast and West Coast, but they offer fly drive holidays everywhere from New Zealand to South Africa!
I thought I would make up an outfit inspired by an East Coast American trip – I’m obsessed enough with the Hamptons, and I have friends up in Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard, so I wanted to make something that was cool enough for a summer road trip, but which was preppy enough to fit in!
1. Classic gold Rayban aviators. These are old-school, Kennedy approved sunglasses – perfect for enjoying days at the beach and driving from point to point!
2. Mansur Gavriel Leather Bucket Bag. This would look as good as a beach bag as it does when dressed up! I adore the soft leather, and it will look even better when it gets a little beaten up!
3. Valentino Leather Espadrilles. I adore this slide on style – the leather means they’re hard wearing, and the embroidery is to die for! These dress up even the simplest of looks.
4. Benefit Benetint Lipbalm. With SPF 15 this is as useful on the beach as it is in my makeup bag. A gorgeous rosy tint which is all you need with a tan!
5. Kiel James Patrick bracelets. I’m obsessed with these adorable rope and anchor bracelets. They’re made in Rhode Islands, so I can pick up more on the journey!
6. Saint James slouchy tee. I don’t have a better striped tee than my Saint James ones. The classic navy and white stripe is perfect for an East Coast look.
7. 2020 Ave Shorts. Denim shorts are a summer staple – tanned legs with these will match anything, and look classic and cool!
So, that’s what I would wear on an East Coast road trip – now I’m off to go peruse http://www.roundtheworldexperts.co.uk/holidays/fly-drive-holidays for some summer inspiration!
*This is a competition entry*