It was so lovely to get nominated (thanks Clare and Lindsey) for the Fashionista Award twice – so I just had to get involved! I’ve never done one of these before, and they seem so fun – so here goes nothing!
Of course, there are rules:
1) You get notified in a comment on one of your posts of your nomination. Great job! Why don’t you thank your nominator? 🙂
2) Now it’s time to spread the word of your achievement. Write a blog post containing an image of the award and answer the 10 questions about yourself that will be provided to you by your nominator. It’s a way for the blogosphere to get to know you better. 🙂
3) In your post, include a link back to the original post about the award and choose 10 people that YOU nominate to receive the next Fashionista award! (Any fashion related blog under 5000 followers)
4) This is like a chain of giving recognition to those who deserve it, so don’t be the one to break it! Inform your top 10 on their nomination and send them to this page 🙂 All nominees (including you) should post a comment on this post saying “I was nominated!”
5) Every month, a poll will be held on this post with the Top 5 bloggers. (chosen randomly from the comments) and YOU all get to vote which is your favorite! If you are one of them, and you win, then you get the highest recognition in a separate blog post on this blog with a link back, a follow and a choice to guest post (this is entirely up to you if you would like to guest post on this blog).
1. What made you want to start your blog?
Living in Dubai, and working for Harper’s Bazaar – I saw so many incredible things, plus I wanted to practice my writing!
2. What language would you love to learn?
Definitely French – I know the basics, but it’s the most beautiful language in the world.
3. Cats or dogs?
Bit of both – I’m partial to anything small, fluffy and slightly odd looking.
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
J. Crew and Net-a-Porter, even when I’m not actually buying anything I’m always on the sites. I also have an inner history geek, and I’m super interested in the American Revolution.
5. What’s the one product (make up, skin care product, hair product… Anything!) that’s surprised you the most?
I have a gorgeous purpley-taupe Chanel eyeshadow (I don’t have the name) which is super flattering, and completely different from my regular taupes.
6. What’s your thoughts on global warming?
I think it’s somewhat inevitable – so much damage has already been done, and temperatures change in cycles. Although saying that, I do have a collection of reusable shopping bags!
7. Favourite movie you have watched recently?
The Grand Budapest Hotel – I’m obsessed with Wes Anderson films, there are always breathtakingly beautiful, I adore the details, and I’m pretty much as awkward as his characters.
8. What product could you not live without?
Moisturizer – good skin is crucial!
9. Bath oils or bath bombs?
Definitely oils – Shu Uemura used to make the most glorious Cherry Blossom oil, but I can’t find it any more. Now, I love some Aromatherapy Associates.
10. Whats your favourite sport?
I love playing tennis and lacrosse, as well as a little horse riding.
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Without a doubt East Hampton – a gorgeous town with perfect beaches, and an hour and a half away from NYC!
2. Purses or shoes?
Honestly both, but I was lucky enough to be gifted my dream Hermes bag for my 21st, so I could happily only buy shoes from now on!
3. What is your favorite thing to do besides blogging?
4. What is your favorite book?
Honestly, I don’t know. Most recently I’ve loved Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch (as well as Secret History) The Devil in the White City was incredible, and I adore David Sedaris stories too!
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I like both, but I have been described as abnormally perky in the morning – I blame prep school!
6. Cake or cookies?
Two Little Red Hens Red Velvet
7. Do you like your hair straight or curled?
Straight – some of my friends have never seen me with my natural hair!
8. Something fun you did recently?
I loved seeing the unveiling of Redhall gardens
9. Favorite holiday?
10. Who inspires you?
Definitely my mother – the most wonderful person I know!